Become a student at Seattle Urban Academy!
We're glad you're interested in becoming a part of the SUA family! For enrollment information, including how to register for the 2016-17 school year and FAQs, please carefully read through the information below.
Obtain an Application Packet in one of the following ways:
- Download and complete the Application Packet.
- Call the SUA Registrar at (206) 723-0333 and request a packet by mail.
- Stop by Seattle Urban Academy at 3800 S. Othello St. to pick up a packet in person.
Note: We do not enroll new students for the 4th Quarter.
What are the qualifications to enroll at Seattle Urban Academy?
SUA students must:
- be 14 years and older
- have experienced academic failure in previous schools
- want to work through their personal challenges and take ownership of their academic, social and spiritual growth
- desire to graduate from high school and transition to higher education and sustained employment
What is the cost to attend Seattle Urban Academy?
Students pay $250 each quarter or $200 if paid before the first day of the quarter.
The actual yearly cost per student is significantly higher and is borne almost entirely through community support.
Are students provided meals?
Breakfast and lunch are provided for all students each school day.
Is transportation provided for students?
Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from school each day; however, bus tokens are made available to students who meet specific performance requirements.
What does the admissions process look like?
A student at SUA is enrolled upon approval from the Student Development Coordinator and Student Transition Coordinator following satisfactory completion of the following:
- Complete Application Packet.
- Submit the Application Packet to the SUA Registrar, along with a copy of the student transcripts and immunization records. While we can make requests directly to the student's previous school(s) for information after their enrollment, it is helpful to have this information before the registration process is complete in order to quickly schedule students into classes they most need.
- Make non-refundable enrollment fee payment of $200.
- Schedule appointment with the SUA Registrar for the Student Assessment Test, which takes approximately two (2) hours.
- Schedule appointment with the SUA Registrar for an enrollment interview with the Student Development Coordinator, in which student background information and SUA Policies and Procedures are reviewed.
- Schedule appointment with the SUA Registrar for an academic planning session with a parent/guardian and SUA Student Transition Coordinator.