SUA is grateful for partners who are integral to our students' growth! Community involvement with SUA students is essential to our continued success.
WE INVITE YOU TO WORK ALONGSIDE US
There are three main areas for volunteering: lunch, tutoring and career development.
Volunteers serve and interact with students through tutoring, mentoring or assisting with breakfast and lunch through the SUA Nutrition Program.
- Serve Lunch or Breakfast
- Become a Tutor
- Present at Career Day
- Provide a Job Shadow
To learn more about our volunteer opportunities, please contact Ron Hirata at email@example.com.
To become a volunteer at Seattle Urban Academy, complete the following forms and bring them to Ron Hirata at SUA or scan them to Ron Hirata at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (206) 723-0222.
- Volunteer Application
- Background Check Consent Authorization Form
- DSHS Background Authorization Form
- CRISTA Guidelines for Volunteers, Interns, and Externs
Seattle Urban Academy is grateful for the community at large for undergirding our work to educate, graduate and guide our students in their transitions to higher education and employment!
CLASSROOM / OFFICE
- OVERHEAD MARKERS (Vis a Vis)
- DRY ERASE MARKERS
- SHARPIES (MULTIPLE COLORS and TIP SIZES)
- SETS OF COLORED PENS
- PENS AND PENCILS
- PENCIL SHARPENERS (ELECTRIC & HAND)
- COPIER PAPER (WHITE AND SOLID COLORED)
- SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS
- COMPOSITION BOOKS
- FOLDERS with POCKETS
- COLLEGE-RULED NOTEBOOK PAPER
- POST-IT NOTES
- PAPER PLATES
- PAPER CUPS
- PLASTIC FORKS
- BEVERAGES (bottled, boxed)
- BOTTLED WATER
- GRANOLA BARS
- INSTANT OATMEAL PACKETS
(*for BREAKFAST, LUNCH, or GRADUATION donations, please make arrangements with Janet McLeod at 206-723-0333)
- GIFT CARDS for groceries (Safeway, Costco, Sam’s Club, Amazon)
- ORCA CARDS for student transportation
- AWARD ITEMS (ie t-shirts, gel pens, gift certificates to McDonald’s, Southcenter, Starbucks, Baskin and Robbins, etc)
PREPARE FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE!
When you give to help the students of SUA, you're making a difference than will transform a young life – a difference that will last a lifetime.
"A healthier body, a stronger mind."
- $63 provides a nutritious breakfast and lunch to one SUA student for an entire month
- Prepare or provide a one-time, weekly, or monthly meal
At Seattle Urban Academy, we don't believe in financial barriers to education. SUA relies on the support of friends like you for more than 97% of our funding.
CLICK HERE to partner with us and become a one-time or monthly supporter of SUA! If you have questions about corporate sponsorship, please contact Tony Bollen at email@example.com.
The items listed are the basic supplies we commonly use. We hope you will partner with us in this very practical way by donating supplies which go directly toward our students’ education. Thank you!
- WALL-SIZED POST-IT SHEETS
- CONSTRUCTION PAPER (MULTIPLE COLORS)
- ½” THREE-RING Binders
- ADULT-SIZED SCISSORS
- GLUE STICKS
- USB FLASH DRIVES
- AAA BATTERIES
- BOXES OF TISSUE
- FEMININE PRODUCTS
- INSTANT COLD PACKS (for pain relief)
- HAND SANITIZER \
- POSTAGE STAMPS
- ROLLS OF PAPER (gift wrap or other)
- BOXED CEREAL
- RANCH DRESSING
- *BREAKFAST (muffins, doughnuts, scones, etc) for 35
- *LUNCH for 45
- *GRADUATION (cake, veggie or fruit tray, nuts, beverages)
- SPONSOR field trips and/or arrange learning, cultural or special event opportunities the students can attend (theater productions, museums, sports events, etc.)
- SPONSOR $63 for meals for one student for one month
or 19303 FREMONT AVE. N. MS#58. SEATTLE. WA. 98133
To learn more about employment opportunities at Seattle Urban Academy, please view current job openings on the CRISTA Ministries employment website.